At Launching Place Primary School, we have a number of methods of communication to facilitate the partnership between school
and home. These include: email, phone calls, messages on the school website and written messages from school administration and teachers. In addition to these methods of communication we use the Compass School Manager as our parent portal.
Compass is a web-based system that is accessible on any modern web browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari) or by using the Compass iOS or Android apps. Search for ‘Compass School Manager’ in the App Store or on Google Play. Every parent will receive a separate login to Compass which will be provided to you by our school.
What does the Compass Parent Portal do for me?
Using Compass allows you to access up-to-date and meaningful information about our school and your child’s progress. Compass includes many different features, including the ability to:
• Monitor your child’s attendance, and enter an explanation for absence or lateness
• Communicate with your child’s teachers, and update your family contact details
• View your child’s timetable and the school calendar
• Monitor your child’s learning tasks
• Download and view your child’s semester reports
• Book parent-teacher interviews
• Pay and provide consent for events and school fees
Another part of our Compass implementation is the Compass Kiosk in the front office. The touch screen device is used by all visitors to sign in and out, as well as parents to register late arrivals or early departures of students. Please see Audrey in the office if you need assistance.
Copyright Launching Place Primary School